
I had to share this photo with you all because I am very impressed at their holiday card shot for 2010. I happen to be a very big fan of their show ( I know, you can judge me all you want for my television show preferences) and I am also an E! online addict, so I literally "keep up with the Kardashians". First thing that comes to mind is......how did they get little Mason to stand still and look directly into the camera? He must be used to all the papparazi flashes and probably knows his good angles at the ripe age of 12 months. Love the dresses, love the hair (especially Bruce's now that he no longer has a mullet), love the green faux fur--what glamour!
I think one of the reasons I enjoy their show and their "fake story lines" is because they are still a really close knit family and they love each other no matter what. That's my idea of a family. Their lives are surreal and have changed radically since the show made them internationally famous, but I often hear them saying things to each other that I would say to my own brothers or sisters. A lot of them make mistakes and act inappropriately, but somehow they got each other's back (so what is that inappropriate thing is making a sex tape? HA HA).
Things that they do on the show make them "normal" in my eyes: They live with each other which in our family, is totally normal.....Quang's lil sis lives with us right now and his other sister lived with us before Ellie. I lived with my younger brother in college in a tiny apartment--we both grew up so much together! My two brothers also shared a home for sometime a few years back. Currently, one of Quang's sisters and her hubby are housing little sister's boyfriend in their spare bedroom and my brother and his wife enjoy the company of her sister while she lives with them this year. See? Totally normal!!!!!
They are nosy and in each other's business (I always want to know what my siblings are up to, how they are doing, when they're moving, are they back from their trip?, how was the trip?, are they having a boy or a girl? I am on a must know basis! I wonder if they hate that......). And you always see the Kardashians fighting on the show, but they also always make up. Not that I have too many disagreements with my siblings (and in this, I know include siblings-in-law b/c that's how tight we all are), but I know that when we do, we are always due for a huge hug and a meaningful apology. Being from Argentina, I am a big hugger and I was raised that it was polite to kiss loved ones on the cheek, so my Gonzalez siblings and I to this DAY always kiss on the cheek when we see each other.
In a nut shell, the Kardashians are CRAZY. Their lives are so intense and mostly lived in the public eye, which I am sure is not always fun. But they are a strong family.....at least I think so. I am immensely blessed by the strength I get from my family and especially my siblings. They are my best friends and they know that I am their woman when they need someone to count on. 100% would not be who I am today with out each and everyone of them. I'll see if they'll want to get all dressed up and take a picture like the Kardashians....but I think we'd all be laughing too hard to sit still.
Josh and Thao. Can't put into words how much I love them.

With my "hippie" sister Stef (who kind of is a hippie).
I'm 12 yrs older, but you wouldn't know it by our interactions. We're really super close.
With my "hippie" sister Stef (who kind of is a hippie).
I'm 12 yrs older, but you wouldn't know it by our interactions. We're really super close.
With my Irish Twin, Leo. We are like Kourtney and Kim
(they were also born really close together!)
Ed and Gioia, what is not to love about these two good looking lovebirds.Love your passion for life.
We share so much in common.....thanks for all you do.She is the baby of the Tran family, and my nick name for her is Martha Stewart
(whole new blog post to explain that one)
Tamme and Bev, the California girls.


No comments:
Post a Comment