Photo by my talented husband, QTran Photography
31 and a half weeks.......now counting the weeks until your arrival in single digits, baby girl. Mommy and daddy are anxiously awaiting your birth and wondering every day what you'll look like, what you'll be like, and if you'll like the name we have chosen for you.
Time continues to fly and before we know it, you'll be doing your dance moves outside the belly. Your big sister continues to talk to you and high five you from the outside the womb......can you hear her? We sang "Arroz con Leche" to you at bath time yesterday....it's a song from my childhood that we'll teach you later :) She is always jumping and running around like crazy, but when she is close to my belly, she stops and says "careful, baby sister". I can't wait for you two to meet and start a lifelong bond.
You are making my stomach stretch farther than I ever thought possible, making me look very pointy indeed. I hope you're comfy and are getting everything you need to thrive and grow. You're measuring about a week ahead of your due date, are you anxious to meet us too? Take your time and bake as long as you need, we'll be here to love you to pieces when you're ready.
We're getting ready to start prepping your nursery and the double stroller we got for you and big sis finally arrived! Abuela (who is my mommy) knit you a blanket, similar to the one your sister carries around with her and it is already waiting for you on your crib. I can't wait to swaddle you in it and hold you close during those late nights together...where it is just you and me looking at each others eyes.
Thank you for being such a reason for joy in my life. You are making lots of sudden movements as I type this, and I hope you know that each and every single one of them reminds me of the happiness that is about to come. Two more months to go.......
I promise to rest a lot in the next few weeks and take really good care of you. I only have 4.5 weeks left of work, so if the weather Gods allow it, you'll be getting lots of vitamin D via sunshine as the last trimester comes to and end.
I love you, and I could keep on going......but my lunch break is over now and I gotta get back to it.
~Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment