“Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

March 22, 2011

Excited for......

........the birth of my nieces, but more specifically, baby Hailee. She is due any day now and I can hardly contain my excitement. I love babies. Like, a lot. Babies and puppies, how can you resist? I am going to love on her so much I hope her parents don't kick me out......[update: still not done knitting her blanket; chances are I'll be at it like a maniac in the waiting room while her mommy is in labor]

.......a hair cut. OhMG, I have been needing one of those for a while, but can't decide if I want to do something different. I sort of want side bangs again, but always regret bangs after I get them. ALWAYS. I just got a new stylist in the south end recommended to me (thanks, Rhea!). I shall see what this lady thinks of the mop currently sitting on top of my head and if she can recommend a low maintenance "cute" cut.......

.......book club next week. I haven't seen the girls in a while and this group of ladies makes me so happy. My friend Lindsey saw this study on Oprah (she was doing a show on happiness) that said if you join a club that requires you attend at least once a month, you will increase your happiness as much as doubling your income would. This must be true, because I always come home with the biggest smile the last Wednesday of every month. I truly, truly love, admire and respect each one of them for who they are and love seeing them and hearing about their lives. Currently, there a few of us "expecting" babies, so again.....ME+ Babies= Happy :)

........and most of all, I am excited about the fact that Ellie is in a very loving place with her mommy and daddy right now. I know that won't last forever (I am denial about her teenage years). But the other day, while roaming through the zoo that is Ikea looking for curtains, she stood up in the cart and grabbed my face with two hands and kissed me. Then grabbed daddy's face and kissed him. Then said, "group hug" and told us she loved us. She wants to "group hug" all the time now.....out of the blue. It is so sweet. This happy thought will probably carry me through the whole week because it was one of the best moments I've ever experienced. Can she stay like this forever?

No comments: