This past weekend, I was very blessed to have my close friends "shower me" and baby girl with a mini shower/brunch. I am waiting for my friend to send me the pictures so I can post them and show you just how amazing they are. I felt so loved. I didn't really want the whole big shower sha-bang thing for my second child, but they seriously went all out and got all Martha Stewart on me--and get this--they are also both preggo right now! Thank you Erin and Rhea, you are both amazing.
Last but certainly not least, I have been working on my nursery project and I am really excited to share some photos of the newly decorated baby's room.
My sister in law, Uyen, made these beautiful pieces of artwork for the wall above the dresser with the fabric I bought. She is so creative and much more artsy than me, I love everything she makes!
My mom made the beautiful bed skirt and knit the red sweater on the wall.......
Okay, so her name starts with a "K", but that is all we are sharing!!!
The shelf on the wall was all hand painted by me and I found the frames at a consignment store. The glassy baby is called "lipstick" and it is one of my faves :)
I still need to hem the curtains (tomorrow is my last day of work so I'll have much more time on my hands!) I also decided not to get a glider and I bought a red chair at Ikea that will be really comfy for breast feeding. Hanging on top of the chair will be a bird mobile that is being made by my sister in law, Gioia. I can't wait to see it!
The dresser/baby changer.......I am still looking for a tall lamp to put in the corner that will be dim enough for late night feedings, but can't seem to find any...maybe one of those that you can change directions? Luckily, baby K won't be sleeping in there right away so I have a little more time.
The painted bird house I made along with the AMAZING gift from my sister in law, Thao, who made me a baby memory/scrap book from scratch. It is SO COOL and beautiful and made with so much love. I absolutely freaking love it.
Here are some more pictures of the beautiful book by Thao:
As you can see, the whole thing has been a fun little DIY project......and I was so fortunate to have the women in my family all help me make things for my daughter's new room. It makes me feel SO GOOD to know that there are things in her room that were made by people who love her with so much kindness!
I hope to finish making a few more things for the room myself in the next couple of weeks before she arrives. Just a few more touches and the room will be complete! I need some fun stuff to decorate the crib......I think I want more teal!
**Update**
Here are a few more pictures to add to the bunch....now all that is missing is the BABY! :)
**Update**
Here are a few more pictures to add to the bunch....now all that is missing is the BABY! :)
Cushion for the nursing chair to make it match the "theme"
Finally added a photo to one of the picture frames.......one of Ellie hugging my pregnant belly from a pregnancy photoshoot with Quang a few weeks ago.......
Diaper holding-bag (not sure what those are called).......my mom made this in like a day. Isn't she amazing??
This is my "nursing basket"; a sweet gift from my friend Robin......I can take it around the house with me with my phone, water, and snacks (it also came with some magazines.......she knows me so well!! :)
And last, but certainly not least, the beautiful bird mobile made by sister in law Gioia. It is SO BEAUTIFUL in person. This photo does NOT do it justice.
Baby K is one lucky girl........can't wait to meet her!
No comments:
Post a Comment