Okay folks, we are in the home stretch. This is a picture of my belly at 38 and a half weeks......and I am feeling very ready to have this sweet little baby.
At my doctor appointment on Monday, I measured OVER 40 weeks. For those of you who have not had babies before, at every appt. they measure your belly in centimeters and it is supposed to pretty much follow the number of weeks pregnant you are. Well, the tape measure was at over 40......my doctor, whom I happen to love to pieces, was a bit alarmed at this. She kept asking me if the baby felt bigger than Ellie (like I actually remember that). She said that I might be having a bigger baby, or that maybe she is coming a bit earlier........My theory is that she was positioned weird or perhaps I have a lot of amniotic fluid in there......
After the doctor determined that I was 1.5 cm dilated, she told me that if I made it to next Monday, my 39 week appt, that she'd would do an ultrasound to guess the baby's weight. I heard that some hospitals don't let you deliver babies over 9 lbs.and I certainly hope she wasn't implying that maybe I should be induced or some such thing. I am really hoping to let things happen naturally, the way God intends them, so we shall see what happens.
I do feel like I have been on a bit of a roller coaster lately. I have been home full time since August 4th, when I stopped working. My husband keeps traveling a lot for work, so I have been a single parent for a lot of that time and our social calendar has been as busy as ever. I don't know how, but I am keeping up the energy through all of this and trying to live in the moment, enjoying my time with Ellie as much as possible. She is such a sweetheart......and I have noticed that she has become very attached to me in the last week or so........perhaps she senses that some big changes are coming along with this baby sister person we keep talking about. Either way, I am absolutely soaking up every hug, every cuddle and every sweet whisper from my girl. The other day, she said: "Mom, you are such a sweet pea. I love you, sweetie." She always holds my hand when she falls asleep in the car (and Q is driving) and she randomly comes up to me and kisses my belly. I am blogging this, because I never want to forget it. I am sure there will be many times in the coming weeks when I'll be so tired and exhausted that I may break down on this blog out of pure lack of "me time" and the anxiety of learning how to be a mom of two.I get that there will be hard moments and tough nights and lots of crying (on both the kids and my part). But I can't help but look forward to it all--the good, the bad, the ugly and the stinky (diapers). So today, as I await the big arrival along with my family and friends, I am holding on to these last loving memories f Ellie as an only child. I look forward to the moment when my world literally stops as I stare at my second daughter for the first time and suddenly, nothing else matters. And I remain hopeful, that perhaps it will be as easy as pie the second time around :)
Today, I am also grateful for the wonderful family and friends that surround me, and for the amazing lady at the nail salon who made my feet look pretty. I kid you not, those puppies get HUGE every night and I was getting really sick of staring at them all dry and cracked. Now, I will be staring at some mighty fine looking toes and smooth feet while I am in labor, and that ain't bad, people. That ain't bad.
1 comment:
M! What are you doing to me? Tearing up even more now! :) Give that precious Ellie a snuggle for me and can't wait to meet baby K. Lots of love!
Post a Comment