“Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

December 20, 2011

Katelyn 4 months.....



Even though Katelyn doesn't turn four months old until next week, she is 16 weeks and we therefore had our 4 month check up today. She is one healthy baby (can I get an AMEN!) and as always, I super enjoyed visiting with our family doctor because she is the most amazing doctor in the world (I want to say we are FRIENDS, but I am sure she makes all her patients feel that way.......).

So, here are the stats:

15 lbs, 75% in weight
25 inches, 85% in height
can't remember the number on the head circumference but its in the 75%

My little sweetie was smiling up a storm (until she got her shots, that is) and almost rolled over for the first time on the table there. There is so much to see, of course she wanted to go all over the place!

Today was special for me because Ellie came with us and was really concerned for her sister's well-being during the shots. She held her hand and Katelyn actually stopped crying when she could see Ellie. She continued holding her hand the rest of the day/evening and asking her if she was OK. She kept saying "it's going to be alright Kay Kay".

Ellie and Katelyn after we got home from the doctor. 

To see this pure, loving gesture between them made me so beyond happy (and reminded me that the little sleep I am getting and the hard work that is being a mom is worth it; b/c let's be honest, I am one step away from microwaving the orange juice and answering the remote control-- I AM TIRED!). I can see they are going to be good pals and this makes my heart happy. The other day, in the bath tub, I asked Ellie who her best friend was and she touched Katelyn on the head . How did I get so lucky?

Here are a few pictures from our photo shoot with little Miss Four months last night.

 Tummy time!!! Also known in our house as "drooling time!!"

 This girl LIGHTS up when she sees her daddy. He came home right then and she started kicking her legs with excitement :)

 Awww, DAD!

Artistic shot.

Love this little lady. Can't wait to see what the next month brings...and I am very excited to be home to catch it all on camera :-)

1 comment:

Lora B said...

Ellie is such a good big sister