“Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
December 4, 2012
Dear Ellie......
Dearest Ellie bellie,
Thank you. Thank you for making me feel like the luckiest mommy in the world. Thank you for being so stinking adorable and sweet and caring. Thank you for surprising me when you left your dreamlight pillow on my bed so I can see bright colored stars on my ceiling and feel like I am staring at the sky. You wanted me to experience that feeling of joy you get when you see those lights on your ceiling. I love it :)
Thank you for asking me to play with you all the time.......even though sometimes I am busy, you always patiently wait for me. I know sometimes I am tired, but I really do love playing barbies with you and hearing the funny plot lines you come up with. I don't always want to change their outfits a million times and I certainly don't like watching you take apart the elaborate hair dos I spend 20 minutes working on for Rapunzel Barbie seconds after I finish it, but I do it all anyway--because I see how it makes you giggle.
Thank you for loving me so much. Today, when I read you the book "I like myself" which is all about self acceptance and being who you are no matter what, you told me that you loved what was on my inside and my outside. I tried not to tear up, and then you said: "I love your bones mom." I hope someday you get the point I was trying to make when I explained the book to you.....but you were funny nonetheless and my bones thank you. They are loosing density as I write this.......you know, your 30s will do that to ya.
Thank you for putting a Chucky Cheese sticker on my hand before I left for yoga last Saturday.....I thought of you during every downward dog and it made me smile.
Thank you for being such a great friend. I genuinely love spending every day with you. You see the world in such a considerate and special way. Except for when you showed me the dead slug on the ground the other day and wanted me to touch it.......but really. You are such an empathetic person. The other day, when I picked you up from school, you rejoiced when you let me know your friend Rachel didn't have a runny nose anymore.......I had no idea what you were talking about. You seem to care about people who are sick or aren't happy. You are becoming a mini-me in so many ways. I saw how you hugged and kissed your sister at the doctor's office this morning when she was crying bloody murder about to get her shots. You kept saying "Ellie and mommy are here, we'll protect you." She truly felt better knowing you were there.......I hope you both continue this loving friendship you have for as long as you live.
I pray that I am doing a good job raising you and showing you the ways of this crazy world we live in. Sometimes, I am scared when I watch the news that there is a lot of "crazy" out there and I wonder what you'll think of it all once you're old enough to know. Just remember that mommy and daddy will always be here for you. NO matter what.That will never change.
Everything about you at this age is magical. I love hearing you sing along to the radio while I am driving and how you get up from the couch while watching The Little Mermaid to dance along to "under the sea". I crack up when I hear you say to yourself as pull into the driveway: "Uhm, Frank......(next door neighbor) it is dark out and your Christmas lights are not on yet...........c'mon Frank!" LOL Seriously, you do this. I love teaching you Spanish and watching your little wheels turn when you learn new words and translate them for people.
I just love you. I never want to forget anything about this season of your life. I hope that someday you can remember too, by reading this blog. Just know that you are the coolest three and a half year old I know.
besitos,
Your mamita
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment