“Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
December 4, 2012
Katelyn, 15 months
My sweet Kate is talking up a storm these days.........loves to repeat everything we say and knows most essential words to get what she wants. Her voice is so darling, her loud pitch scream when she's unhappy-not so much.
At 15 months, she's still a small little thing-25th percentile across the board...but doctor said she's happy with her growth and is very healthy. She was most impressed at how much Kate spoke, in two languages too! She doesn't seem that small to me though.......she wears 24 month clothes and sometimes 2T.....must have something to do with that big belly of hers.
We had refrained from locking up our kitchen cabinets and drawers for a while......thought we could make it through her "terrorizing" phase.........ya no. Husband was informed tonight that I no longer want to put away pots and pans 17 times a day. Don't even get me started on what she does with all the tea bags and place mats..........
She loves being out in the universe learning, digging, climbing, you name it. She's very friendly and spends most of our family dinners at restaurants walking around saying "Hi" to complete strangers, God forbid she actually sat at our table and ate food. Too much to explore, mom!
Speaking of food, she's a great eater. Man, it is so fun to feed her. Well, maybe I think it's fun because it is actually easy to feed her......which in turn makes it fun for me. I digress...... Currently her favorite foods are:
Scrambled eggs, blueberries and pears (although she calls all fruit "apple") and she is a big fan of anything fried.
Drumroll please..........KATELYN IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!! Can I get an amen?!?! She sleeps between 6:30-7 PM to 6:30- 7 AM, most nights. She is getting lot of new teeth and molars so there are a few nights where we have to rescue her with ibuprofen and snuggles......but for the most part, she's becoming a much much much much better sleeper. I can't thank God enough for this blessing........it took 14 months or so.....I pray it continues!
I see my nieces who are now 19 months old and all the fun stuff they are doing....I am happily looking forward to all the milestones the next few months will bring for baby Kate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Whoo-hoo! Way to go, Katelyn! Congrats. You are amazing for making it on such little sleep for so long!
Post a Comment