Today, I realized that I love my ergo. Katelyn could seriously live in the thing and I very much enjoy having her close to me as I go about my day. So much so, that this evening, as I prepared dinner, I realized how much I am going to miss "wearing her" when she can no longer fit the thing, or doesn't enjoy it anymore. I know, I know..........getting ahead of myself. But am I? I look at Ellie and I see a young girl, no longer a "baby" or even a toddler. I see someone who looks or acts nothing like she did in her first year of life. Her second year is already half way over and here is my second baby, growing at the speed of light.
The truth is, I am so deeply in love with this kid. I seriously could spend the ENTIRE day looking at her.When she is awake now, she smiles at me constantly, even from afar and I have to tell you it melts my heart every time. I still can't believe she's mine!
Got me thinking a lot, the ergo thing, just how much I love her smell. Even her spit up smell. The way her little hands hold on to me, how calm she gets the minute I put her in there (the ergo is a backpack-like baby carrier for those who don't know). It is her happy place, and consequently, mine too :)
Katelyn bear, I love you and I know a lot of times people say "I can't wait 'till this and that with my baby." Well, I can. I want to slow down time so you stay this precious for a long time. I can wait for all the stuff that comes later, because this stage of you is just plain beautiful and you made our family so complete.
1 comment:
I hope you share these wonderful blogs with your two cutie pies. I know they will enjoy reading what their mommy was thinking of them and how much you love them even before they were born.
Post a Comment