But back to the trip....we had a lovely time with Quang's family and we even snuck away to Santa Monica one day to see some of our dearest friends from college. The weather was so perfect, flip flops, t-shirts, iced coffee drinks (lack of sleep did not go away just because we were on vacation, caffeine is my friend!) and the memories we took home with us will forever be in my heart.
One such memory is the look on Ellie's face while we watched the parade at Disneyland. I will NEVER forget the way she was dancing, the genuine smile and her eyes lighting up when the princesses she loves danced all around her. I experienced true joy through my child's eyes that day and it was priceless. We had great fun with our family members and made us wish we could see them all more often. Not just for weddings or special occasions.
The four of us took a two day road trip to San Diego as well....we kept real busy now that I think of it. But anyway, it was fun to have a little family time just us. Running around in the beach, watching Katelyn sink her tiny feet into the wet sand for the first time and catching one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. Fun times. Oh, and Katelyn rolled over for the first time! That was fun.... It was so warm she didn't need socks and I think that did it.
Through all of it, I fell more and more in love with my husband. He takes care of us....he makes us laugh. He captures everything on camera (bless you honey!) and he 'gets' me. He gets me when I am overwhelmed at Disneyland and he knows I need to eat or I might cry. He gets me when I act like a little kid seeing mickey mouse for the first time. He gets me when I look at him and he knows just what I am thinking. Many times during our long drives (holy cow driving anywhere takes way too long in California) we caught each other's eyes in the rear view mirror and just smiled. Often, as the four us shared a bedroom for a week, we watched our girls sleep and felt so blessed. What can I say, I love that guy. I also know that having two weeks of uninterrupted time with him is rare during this season of our life, so I soaked up every second. Once we got home, it was hard for us all when he went back to work and prepared to start his traveling again.
Below are some pictures of our vacation which was a fantastic way to ring in the new year and turn 31 years old. Happy New Year all! I know it's late........but anyhoo. I hope 2012 brings you all nothing but joy!
Our hike to Griffith Park Observatory (Hollywood sign in the background)
Our cousins Maddie and Tyler sent us their Flat Stanleys to take pictures of as part of their class project
Ellie was in heaven
About to embark on the snow white ride, and yes, I am so bad a$$ I can carry both my girls at the same time. Thanks, Ergo!
Ellie, Ethan and the Flat Stanleys in front of the Disney Castle
Ellie enjoying the parade
Kate and I watching the parade in the sunshine
I have a picture like this with my dad when I was little......sweet moment
Katelyn and daddy at the San Diego beach at Coronado Island
MICKEY!!!!!!!
Disneyland wiped me out!
Ellie and uncle Tan hanging out
Love this girl! Hanging out at John's house with auntie Marianne
Ellie and uncle Turner (shortly before we spotted Joshua Jackson and Diane Kruger..had to see a celebrity)
Katelyn is not very happy about the restaurant choice but she was happy to see auntie Amy!
Life of the party
Beach time, in JANUARY!!!!
My familia
All of our feet in the sand :)
Kate and I at the San Diego Zoo
Crocodiles! Ellie calls them cocodrillos, because well, she is multilingual :) but mostly because that is what Dora calls them.
Kate and Quang's grandpa
Isn't this sweet???























No comments:
Post a Comment