What can I say? I am in love with this child. Well, both my children, but Katelyn has been changing so much every day that I continue to be amazed by her and the "little things." Every morning I wake up and wonder: What will she do today that she didn't master yesterday? At times, I get sad, because it is going by so fast.....
At four and a half months, she has definitely found her hands and feet and now puts everything she can grab a hold of in, you guessed it, her mouth. She rolls around her play mat like a big girl. That happened literally over night. She has a constant stream of drool coming out of her mouth at all times, and I would say she is teething but I also remember Ellie being this way for months before there was any evidence of teeth. She is really into toys now and loves to sit her in exersauser. Though she has found her voice and we know she can use it (!), we have found that Katelyn is more of an observer. She just watches and sits back......taking it all in.
She has a very, very, very chill personality. I emphasize this because she is the exact opposite of her older sister, who is very, very, very energetic and high-paced. Katelyn LOVES to watch Ellie do her thing all over the place. When Katelyn naps, Ellie knows its quiet time, so when she hears me coming down the stairs with Katelyn, she literally finds everything that she can make noise with and does so. Katelyn then follows her with her little eyes and just smiles and giggles. In fact, most her big giggles happened out of nowhere just watching Ellie do something totally random and startling. Watching them both interact has been such a joy and a blessing. From the concerned big sister asking "are you alright sweetie? its okay, the dark isn't scary, I'll protect you", and Katelyn grabbing Ellie's hand while she helped feed her the bottle......all of these tiny things are so big in my book. I am doing my best to "book mark" them in my mind :)
Our days are still very busy and still not really on much of a schedule as long as naps go and all that......but we're getting more predictable every day. I am so enjoying this time with them.... Kate is in such a fun stage right now....always smiling. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home right now. I know that's a big gift! It is hard at times, much more difficult than I imagined, but I'm taking each day as it comes and making the most of my time with my little chicas.
Here are a few fun pics of Kate in the bath the other day :)






1 comment:
My word, I LOVE your blog. I just looked over the last few months of posts and it made me happy to see the photos of you and the girls, as well as to read about your adventures (princesses, pantyliners, grandmothers, Joshua Jackson, oh my). Keep on posting, lady. It's wonderful!
Post a Comment