I think all stay at home mommies have moments during the day when they wish they could get a break. I know there are days when I even have an audience while I go to the bathroom, and certainly feel a little lack of privacy.
However, today after a super fun trip to the community center pool with the girls and their auntie Uyen (who is a world-class aunt by the way) Ellie asked to stay the night with her aunties and uncles and her cousin Hailee. This, two days after she stayed at uncle Leo's house while mommy and daddy had a date night. Of course I said yes, because I know she's going to have a blast and get so much love. Quang's sisters live together and they are awesome.
So here I am. Quang is working late, Kate passed out in a swimming-induced sleep before 6, and I can't help but miss my Ellie Bellie. I miss her hilarious quotes, watching her shows and I even miss having to remind her to eat and sit still at dinner and to "please take another bite".
Funny, isn't it?
I'm sure I'll get it over it shortly, as I open a book or put in a movie... I just can't help but feel blessed to have her in my life and I already can't wait to hug her tomorrow!!!

1 comment:
I totally know what you mean!! Sometimes Gracie stays overnight at my parents when we have date nights and on the way home at midnight (or, ok...10pm), I'm like - can we just go pick her up now?!
Post a Comment